14 Secret Ways to Increase Your Alexa Ranking: Why Improve Alexa Rank ? It is important to have a good Alexa rank because it is used by most of the expert webmasters, advertisers, and ad networks as measures to testify the quality of your blogs. Simply, when it comes to advertisement pricing, Alexa can make you sit at a better bargaining position.
1. Download and Install the Alexa Toolbar.
2. Ask your website visitors to review you site on Alexa.
3. Add the Alexa Ranking widget on your blog/website.
4. Try to get high quality back links to your website, the more high incoming links from higher ranked website the more your Alexa rank will jump.
5. Increase traffic from search engines to your website, the more the organic traffic the more chance of getting a higher ranking.
6. Post quality content so links to your site get posted on social networking sites, Digg, Stumbleupon could be of great help in this regard.
7. Post on forums, hire forum posters if you can (they don't cost much a $50 odd one time payment can get you a decent forum poster who'll post on about 500 odd forums).
8. Claim your site on Alexa, and review other sites on Alexa and leave your link there.
9. Put some content about Alexa on your blog ( if you are running a tech/info blog), chances are that many webmaster who have the Alexa toolbar installed will visit your content and that will give you a better ranking.
10. Ask your friends/colleagues to get the Alexa toolbar installed and visit your website, it all comes down to how many people with the Alexa toolbar visit your site.
11. Use Alexa redirects on your website URL.
12. Create lists/top ten lists, they act as link baits and many sites/blogs will link to such posts ( that means incoming links) all helps in getting a better rank.
13. Get in touch with more and more webmasters, almost every webmaster has the Alexa toolbar installed, posting on blogging forums and popular blogging blogs can also help.
14. Submit your blog to article directories, get it listed on more and more directories, there are tons of free directories available if can't afford the paid ones.